A short story by P.M. Griffin
- Tales of the Witch World 3, Tor, 1989
- Set in Lormt
- p136. Aden- a resident of Lormt & woman of the Old Race of Estcarp.
- p137. She has a brother named Jerro who visits Lormt irregularily. She can't find him.
- p139. Ouen present as an old man - before the Turning. Aden's teacher. Animals, plants, the working of nature and healing fascinate Aden. She was born in the village just outside Lormt.
- p140. Aden loves reading about Gunnora.
- p141. 'Three long, weary hours went by…' she stops for a break in her search.
- p142. Aden is a year older than her brother but he'd take the lead. When she was 8 their cousins dared them to go into Lormt. That's when they met Ouen.
- p143. Jerro had arrived 3 days before.
- p144. Aden discovered a bronze amulet of Gunorra during her first week of service in Lormt.
- p145. In an oppressive hallway she finds and full length mirror and discovers Jerro is trapped within it.
- p147. Aden uses the stones in the amulet of Gunnora to cut the glass of the mirror.
- p148. Jerro is released from the mirror.
- p149. Aden shatters the remains of the mirror.
page revision: 4, last edited: 04 Sep 2015 23:11